Thursday, October 29, 2009

Welcome to page 9 of the Chronicle Herald

So as a continuation of my blog from September 16 "5 arrested in raid in Preston", my point has once again been proven. Today in the Chronicle Herald, an article ran on the drug raid yesterday in Cole Harbour and Dartmouth. Get this... ON PAGE 9! Please read the previous blog if you are unsure about what I am talking about. I checked the CBC website and found exactly what I expected...nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. There were three comments:
  • Put them in prison for life (11 disagreed)
  • Unspecified(small amount), no weapons, what a waste of officers time and tax payers money (11 agreed)
  • So what? The government is a big drug dealer anyway (18 agreed)
As predicted, CBC did not even run the names of the communities in the headline "12 charged in Halifax-area Drug raids" News flash, none were in Halifax. Last time I checked, Dartmouth and Cole Harbour were part of HRM, but not part of Halifax, nor is Preston, but they ALWAYS make sure that is known.
Amazing, and proves my point. A couple months back when a raid happened in Preston, people were all over this site wanting to get rid of the neighborhood, saying how it was such a horrible community. When I mentioned these raid happen all over the place, not specifically in one community and dared to even mention to check with your neighbors, as they may be dealers (think about it, what a great cover, selling drugs out of a middle class white community, police will never think of looking there), people were all over me. Correct me if I am wrong, but this raid was in Cole Harbour, and those names don't quite seem to fit the names people on this comment site THINK..yes THINK fit the names of people who should be charged in these raids. If you want to see then names, try not to get too tired flipping all the way to page 9, but they are there. Let me tell you, that Cole Harbour is nothing but a slum and crime community...sound familiar?

2 comments:

  1. As an update, it is now 3 hours since I posted my comments to CBC and they are still not up, but others are. I guess freedom of Speech only applies to certain folks, and I am not that certain folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is now 2 pm. My comments on CBC's web site have not been posted. I have reviewed their policies on posting comments and nothing I posted should give them any reason for not showing my comment. I find it so ironic that people can post racist comments about a Black community and have them appear on their site, no problem, but when someone speaks the truth, if the truth does not agree with the people sitting at the desk, it can not be spoken...shame on you CBC, the people's radio, as long as you agree with "the people"

    ReplyDelete