Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So much easier to hide the truth

Kevin Annett has been speaking out for a number of years on the Canadian Holocaust. For hundreds of years there has been a deliberate attempt to, as in the words of our own federal government "solve the Indian problem" through extinction and assimilation. This has been attempted over the generations through such methods as intentional germ warfare, starvation, so-called residential education, isolation, segregation and denial of basic human rights and needs. His most passionate work has been calling to task those responsible for the horrific suffering our people have suffered through the Residential School system. For the thousands of survivors who everyday relive the pain, humiliation, inhumane treatment, and abuse (mental, physical, and sexual), there are thousands more who were able to escape the daily reminders through the lose of their lives at the hands of their torturers. I applaud Kevin for keeping the conversations alive and on the front burner because it saddens me to still hear people say there is no way this could have happened...remember folks, out of sight, out of mind. However, more recently, Kevin has taken up a new fight. For many years our beautiful Native women, our mothers, sisters, cousins, have been going missing. The police have no interest in these cases and never have. For if they have, the RCMP would have stopped the evil that is Robert Picton when they first knew he was responsible. One Aug 9, Kevin brought this to the attention of Vancouver Co-op radio listeners and later that day was banned from the air...and the building in an attempt to shut him up. Please listen to the attached statement Kevin released yesterday:
http://www.hiddenfromhistory.org/finalcfro.mp3

Here is the text copy for you to read:

Breaking News Advisory from Kevin Annett: August 23, 2010
3 pm PST Vancouver, Canada



Dear friends,
I was expelled from Vancouver Co-op radio two weeks ago and have never been given any evidence to justify my banning. I've requested that evidence twice now from station staff, and have not received it. I believe that's because the evidence does not exist, and I am being falsely framed.
On August 9, over the air, I repeated my belief that police and government officials are implicated in the disappearance and murder of native women in B.C. I was expelled from the station the same day. On August 20, a major news story was issued across Canada that revealed strong evidence of exactly what I claimed on August 9, concerning police complicity in the Picton serial killings.
I believe that my banning from Co-op radio is the result of a black ops campaign by the RCMP to prevent me from commenting on this latest expose - that the Mounties knew about Pictons' murdering of women for over two years and did nothing - and to publicly discredit me so that the evidence I have gathered showing RCMP involvement in these murders will not be believed.
I have already been approached twice by the RCMP and threatened because of my broadcasts on this topic. Co-op radio is funded and monitored by the federal government.
Today, as further proof of this campaign, the Co-op radio station staff engaged in classic smear and black ops tactics against me over the airwaves by relying on the standard "three D's" of a cover up: Deny, Distract, and Discredit.
The station staff's statement today denied their own actions against me, by describing my banning as an "internal disciplinary matter", while offering no proof of this; they distracted listeners from their own improper behaviour of unilaterally banning me without due process or dialogue; and they discredited me by claiming that I am attacking the station staff, and that the problem is not my program but me.
To focus on attacking my character because of unnamed and unproven wrongdoing by me is the action of people who must distract attention away from the real matter, and that is, namely, the content of my broadcasts.
Today's announcement by station staff upheld my banning and yet claimed that my program is not under revue or threat of cancellation. This is outright duplicity. In truth, I have faced implied threats and direct demands from station program director Leela Chinnia to modify the content of my programs and even ban certain individuals, including fellow programmer Reg Argue, from my show.
Today's statement by station staff is designed to discredit and isolate me in the eyes of the world and distract people away from the real reason for my expulsion and censorship, which is because of what I have aired over my program.
In the coming weeks, over other public media and radio stations, I will be sharing more of the evidence of RCMP and government involvement in the murder and trafficking of women on the west coast of Canada. Please follow this work on my website www.hiddenfromhistory.org
I repeat again my demand to Co-op station staff: to give me the evidence behind their unilateral banning of me, to negotiate this problem with me, and to lift their improper banning of me from station premises.

I do not expect them to come clean about their real motives, and the identity of who is directing them: but I do expect and demand due process and hard evidence, and not rumour mongering and damaging innuendo.

Kevin D. Annett

2 comments:

  1. I believe much of what you have written but I do not believe there was INTENTIONAL germ war fare. And though segregation did go to far, I think the base motive was to get rid of bariers and have everyone mesh together & get along but it went too far as they tried to destroy culture, language etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. The base motive had nothing to do with having everyone "mesh" together". If the goal was to get rid of barriers and have everyone the same, why is it that FN people did not even get the right to vote until 1996? Why was it government policy to ensure no FN child made it past grade 8, let alone high school? If they goal was to help then why were even the basic human need denied (and when I say why were, I am indeed referring to just yesterday...not just the past)...remember, we still have over 115 FN communities with no access to safe water. If the goal was to help, why is the Canadian society not as willing to help as we were in Walkerton? This was/is much more than just trying to destroy a culture or a language. This was/is trying to destroy a people. Until people stop sugar coating it by saying "they were only trying to help" you may as well continue to pour salt on the wounds. denial of the truth does not make it go away, for the victims anyway.

    ReplyDelete